Types of Personal Information We Collect
We may collect various types of personal information to provide legal services effectively. This information may include:
- Your name.
- Contact details: email address, mailing address, street address, and telephone number.
- Date of birth.
- Marital status.
- Credit card details.
- Information provided through customer surveys.
- Additional personal information provided directly or indirectly through your use of our website, associated applications, social media platforms, or from third-party sources.
- Any other personal information necessary for the services you request.
The specific information collected may vary depending on the services you engage with.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information through in-person meetings, email, telephone, or mail. We may also collect information via forms on our website or from third parties, such as when a third party asks us to contact you or when we obtain a medical report concerning your legal matter. Additionally, we may gather information related to your website usage through cookies.
Why We Collect, Hold, Use, and Disclose Your Personal Information
We collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal information for the purposes we initially collected it and related purposes that you would reasonably expect. This includes:
- Enabling website access and communication.
- Contacting and communicating with you.
- Internal record keeping and administration.
- Analytics, market research, and business development.
- Advertising and marketing, including sending promotional information.
- Compliance with legal obligations and dispute resolution.
- Considering employment applications.
We will take reasonable steps to de-identify or securely dispose of your personal information when no longer needed.
We are committed to securing the personal information we collect. We have implemented physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect your information from unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, and misuse. While we take precautions to safeguard information transmitted to us over the Internet, please be aware that online transmissions carry inherent risks.
Access and Complaints
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you. Under certain circumstances, we may refuse to provide certain information as allowed by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you believe we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact our Privacy Officer at the following address:
Legal Essentials Pty Ltd
PO Box 138
Collins Street West, Victoria, 8007
0472 620 527
We will investigate your complaint and provide a written response outlining the outcome and any steps we will take to address the issue.